Welcome to the Official Website of the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania to the People’s Republic of China. The Embassy has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the two governments and their peoples. The Embassy is also accredited to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the Republic of Mongolia and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
The Embassy's responsibilities are in the following areas:
A: Consular activities
- Visa issuance
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Issuance of Emergency Travel Documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals in distress abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificates
- Passport endorsements
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems.
B: Commercial activities
- Promotion of economic diplomacy
- Promotion of investments
- Promotion of tourism
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of our representation.
- Conciliating cultural exchange between Tanzanian and China, and other countries in our accreditation